StoneWater Zen Centre Trust is a registered charity (No. 289863) which was created to promote the understanding and practice of Zen Buddhism.
This means it:
- Supports a teacher in White Plum lineage, David Keizan Scott Sensei, who provides support for Zen Buddhism in UK, both to individuals & groups, and ensures growth of Maezumi Roshi’s and Tenshin Roshi’s lineage in the UK
- Has set up and runs StoneWater Zen Centre Liverpool offering 6+ meditation sessions per week, plus longer retreats
- Supports StoneWater Zen Lakes Centre offering monthly residential retreats in the Lake District for practitioners from across the UK and beyond
- Organises 2 residential retreats at Crosby per year for people from across the UK and beyond, with subsidised places for people on low incomes
- Provides instruction and advice for beginners to Zen meditation practice in Liverpool and beyond, both personally and by email
- Supports and develops the Zen practice of experienced students from across the UK, both personally and by email
- Supports Zen groups across UK including London, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire & Sussex
- Brings noted UK & international teachers to our UK retreats
- Supports Zen Buddhism in UK (and beyond) through our website offering advice & support to individuals & groups
- Makes & provides meditation equipment e.g. mats & cushions to associated groups
- Offers outreach work including talks & meditation sessions for school students & conferences, supports practitioners working in prisons, and is developing contacts with local community projects in Liverpool
- Represents Zen Buddhism at multifaith events in Merseyside & across UK
You can access StoneWater Zen Centre Trust’s filed with the Charity Commission here.