StoneWater Zen Centre Trust
CHARITY REGISTRATION No. 289863
GIVE AS YOU EARN No. 012941
Previously named Zen Practice Centre Trust, the trust was created to promote the understanding and practice of Zen Buddhism. It has recently been reconstituted and new trustees apppointed. These are Tenshin Fletcher Roshi (patron), Keizan Scott Sensei (president), Stephen Prosser (honorary observer), Tony Doubleday, Bob Bowles, Jenny Best (secretary), Andrew Scott, John Kenworthy, and Ray Alvis FCA of Sloan & Co. (treasurer).
What the StoneWater Zen Centre Trust does
- Supports a teacher in White Plum lineage, David Keizan Scott Sensei, who provides support for Zen Buddhism in UK, both to individuals & groups, and ensures growth of Maezumi Roshi’s and Tenshin Roshi’s lineage in the UK
- Set up and runs StoneWater Zen Centre Liverpool offering 6+ meditation sessions per week, plus longer retreats
- Supports StoneWater Zen Lakes Centre offering monthly residential retreats in the Lake District for practitioners from across the UK and beyond
- Organises 2 residential retreats at Crosby per year for people from across the UK and beyond, with subsidised places for people on low incomes
- Provides instruction and advice for beginners to Zen meditation practice in Liverpool and beyond, both personally and by email
- Supports and develops the Zen practice of experienced students from across the UK, both personally and by email
- Supports Zen groups across UK including London, West Yorkshire, Suffolk, Northamptonshire & Sheffield
- Brings noted UK & international teachers to our UK retreats
- Supports Zen Buddhism in UK (and beyond) through our website offering advice & support to individuals & groups
- Makes & provides meditation equipment e.g. mats & cushions to associated groups
- Offers outreach work including talks & meditation sessions for school students & conferences, supports practitioners working in prisons, and is developing contacts with local community projects in Liverpool.
- Represents Zen Buddhism at multifaith events in Merseyside & across UK
You can access StoneWater Zen Centre Trust’s accounts filed with the Charity Commission via this link:
StoneWater Zen Centre Trust needs your support!
The Trust would welcome one-off or regular donations by Standing Order. Despite all of us giving our services for free, including Keizan Sensei, we find it ongoingly tough to cover our overheads. If you would like to make a donation please complete the form and return it to:
Jenny Best, Secretary, StoneWater Zen Centre Trust,
c/o 13 Hope Street, Liverpool L1 9BH
Our charitable status means we can make tax efficient use of your donation through the Gift Aid scheme. All you need to do is tick the Gift Aid box on the form.
If you are a UK taxpayer we will be able to reclaim the tax you pay on your gift, thus boosting its value by 20% at no extra cost to you. See the form above for more details.
If your circumstances change you can cancel this option at any time by notifying us. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further relief in your self-assessment tax return.
Thank you for your support.
Alternatively, you can support us via PayPal:
PayPal payments are currently only appropriate for one-off donations, and we are not currently using this for regular contributions, sesshin payments, etc (unless by prior arrangement).